When I Write (If I Write)
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
The Last Few Things That Were On My Mind
What Others Think
- brothertom on My KIND of Chicago(Fest)
- IBMJunkman on My KIND of Chicago(Fest)
- Bill E on My KIND of Chicago(Fest)
- Neera on Tom 365 – June 29, 2016
- weird weekends on Tom 365 – June 15, 2016
- cars4usa on Tom 365 – June 7, 2016
- kognitions on Tom 365 – May 25, 2016
- moonskittles on Tom 365 – May 21, 2016
- weird weekends on Tom 365 – May 17, 2016
- flahertylandscape on Tom 365 – May 11, 2016
What Others are Reading (Top 10)
You Like Me, You Really Like Me!
- 90,062 people really like me
What I Write About
Tag Archives: walking
Now it might be time to rest my eyes for a minute or two.
I had the day off work today and decided to go for a walk outside. Although it is December in Chicago, the weather was fantastic and it seemed others had the same idea. I headed to Swallow Cliff Forest Preserve where there is an old closed tobogganing hill. The hill itself is closed, but it is still a popular sight for people to get in a few steps.
I arrived around one o’clock, and I was amazed at how many people were out there on a Thursday afternoon in December. I only made one trip to the top and back down before my knee began to throb, but I was able to walk around the trails beyond the hill for a little while.
New stairs have been built on the other side of the hill, but they are not open yet, and it looks like they may be reopening the hill for sledding
We had quite a long day yesterday, and it did not end until today. Here are just a few things we found while walking after midnight.
After all that excitement last night, I should have been home and in bed early tonight. But no rest for the wicked. The Violent Fems and Barenaked Ladies were playing at Northerly Island.
At least it was a quiet walk home.
We did not let a little wet weather keep us from our walk today. And we added in a bike ride. I have got to keep the 50 year old body around for another half century.